Main image

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Catcher in the Rye

Yesterday night I finished reading this book by J.D. Salinger.
The book tells the story of Holden, a teenager that after being expeled of Pencey, the school where she was studying, decides to go to New York.
In New York, lives his famiuly, but he didn't want them to know that he was in the city. He wanted to rest some days alone to think and remember the days when he lived there. He met some friends and old gilfriends he had.
Sometimes he uses a weird and rude vocabulary. He feels like being alone in the world, as nobody loves him. He uses a lot of times "Phoney" and "Goddam". Everything is goddam for him, and so many times he says people is phoney.
I thing reading this book was a good experience, that made me appreciate teenager's life, because sometimes we feel alone or very sad because some problems happened in our life. But we should fight to solve our own problems.
Holden's biggest problem was that she had been expeled from a lot of schools, maybe because of the way he was. And his family was sick of him.

Maria, my English teacher recommend it to me, maybe I haven't understood it exactly as it is, because of that, I would like to read it also in Spanish, and compare my "understanding".

I recommend it to every teenager my age. As Ana, my French teacher told me, this is the perfect age to read this book.


1 comentarios:

carmen lópez said...

you´re doing a great job this year, Nat, keep on going....Congratulations !!!!

Post a Comment

RSS Feed